Advanced Laparoscopic Abdominal Surgery Detroit
Dr. Chengelis performing laparoscopic surgery.
This practice tends to focus on the use of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery for the gastrointestinal system, biliary system, hernias, gastroesophageal reflux and bariatric surgery.
Experienced in following surgeries:
All Laparoscopic Minimal Invasive
- Inguinal Hernias. first time or recurrent
- Ventral wall hernia or Incisional Hernia,
- Gall Bladder. Removal for stones, pain.
- Laparoscopic anti reflux procedures.
- Hiatal Hernia repair
- Barretts Esophagus
Laparoscopic RNY Gastric Bypass
Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve
Laparoscopic Revision of Band to Bypass or Sleeve
A comprehensive approach to weight loss with all procedures.
If your Body Mass Index is above 35, you may be a candidate for weight loss surgery.
- Dr. Chengelis does Laparoscopic RNY Gastric Bypass and this procedure has been shown to be very effective treatment for morbid obesity and its associated problems including diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high lipids, cholesterol, arthritis.
- He also offers the Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve procedure, also call Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy.
- He does not perform any Gastric Banding procedure, such as the Lap-Band but does offer removal of the band and conversion to either gastric bypass or gastric sleeve.
- Beaumont, Royal Oak, is a designated CENTER OF EXCELLENCE for Bariatric surgery. To achieve this status, the program at Royal Oak went through a rigorous application process which includes an on site inspection by the American College of Surgeons. As a Center of Excellence, both the hospital and surgeon must pass criteria for such designation based upon performance, numbers, results, facilities. These statistics are always up to date and available for patients. In fact, every initial patient consultation includes review of the surgeon’s results.